Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just some stuff.....

Please plan on coming to Jenny's Diner on October 20th, anytime between 6:00 am and 2:00 pm.  Jenny's Diner is located at 1412 W 2nd, Spokane WA, 99201.  A portion of the profits will be deposited in Erin's benefit fund.  So cool!!!!

Guess what??? 124 Boo Bees shirts were ordered in our first round!!  AWESOME!!  We will also be ordering a few additional shirts to sell at functions.  Thank you so much for supporting our sweet gal.  This order has surpassed our expectations!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have heard from some friends who would like to donate money, in lieu of ordering a shirt, and needed a point in the right direction.  If you would like to donate, please visit any Spokane Teachers Credit Union and ask to donate money to the Erin Broughton Hughes Benefit Fund.  If you cannot make it to a branch, send a check to me at 3228 W Alice, Spokane WA 99205.  Make the checks out to the "Erin Broughton Hughes Benefit fund" and I will deposit them for you.  I was sharing with my son how Erin's account has grown a bit lately and will probably jump with our fundraisers and t-shirt sales.  My sweet 9 year old, grabbed his little money treasure chest and started pulling out his bills and change.  He told me he wanted to give his money to Erin to help her.  I was so touched and completely filled with pride at his kind heart.  The amazing part of this journey is to see the good in people.  I have learned how many people care about Erin and how they will bend over backwards for her, even when they can barely bend at all.  Thank you for caring for my sweet friend as she battles this horrible disease.

Tomorrow night, Erin will be going to a Brandi Carlile concert at the Knitting Factory.  I am so excited for her!!!!  Erin was beaming with excitement as she shared her enthusiasm for this awesome show.  For those of you who don't know, Erin loves Brandi Carlile's music and has been to many of her concerts.  Thank you to her sweet auntie for taking her!

Erin will have chemo this coming Monday.  I started telling her about how that totally sucks and she stopped me and told me it was a good thing.  Keeping in time with her positive outlook, Erin shared with me that this chemo treatment is halfway to the chemo finish line.  I am so, so excited for her.  I am unbelievably proud of her for always finding the silver lining, even when it is way at the edge of miles of thunderclouds.

If you would like to cheer Erin on through this next bout of chemo, please send cards to 3118 W Grace, Spokane WA 99205.  Thanks!  I know each and every note means the world to her.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of hanging out with Erin and her family.  Her mom made an amazing curry noodle dish, that I devoured even though I had dinner before I came!  It was so good!!!  We sampled some red wine and relaxed together.  Gavin, Erin's eleven year old, was happily working away on a Lego kit and wearing a pink ribbon pin.  He told me his mom got it for him and he is going to wear it all of October.  I told him I thought I should find one, too, and he agreed.  Sweet, sweet 6th grade boy.  So proud of him for showing his support for breast cancer awareness.  Landon, Erin's five year old, and I chatted for awhile.  He was telling me about the planets and how he saw an AFV video where the mom tells the daughter the planet names and she repeats them.  The mom says, "Uranus" and the daughter says, "My anus."  Landon giggled like crazy and kept saying it.  I asked him if he knew why that was funny and he said, "Yeah, because that is not the planet's name."  Yep, that is the ONLY reason why it is funny!!!  Pink ribbons and Uranus. Gotta love those boys!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Am here for you Erin, If you need anything just email me and I will do what I can: Nikitaconstantine@gmail.com
    Love you and I hope you and my nephews are doing ok...
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete