Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Little Verklempt

Our benefit sale for Erin and Claire was a HUGE success!!!  We had a great turn out, lots of help, donations, everything.  My sincere thanks to Jennifer Walker and family.  This whole event was Jennifer's idea and I know she put so much time, energy, blood, sweat, and tears into today's fundraiser.  I am so glad it was so successful.  At times, Jennifer and I both talked about how overwhelmed we were by the generosity of others.  I cannot count how many times Jennifer came up to me, with tears in her eyes, sharing the latest amazing story of  a generous donation.  It was unbelievable.  There are way too many stories to list, but today really did highlight the good in humanity.  I'd like to thank everyone involved, from the friends who volunteered to help, the awesome vendors who shared their finds, my Alice Avenue neighbors who represented our awesome block quite well, the numerous educators who came to support my friends, everyone.  I cannot name them all.... my brain is tired and my eyes are drooping.... just know that we are so, so, so grateful for your time, help, generosity, and positive enthusiasm.  I'm hoping to post more sale details soon, but definitely need to go rest my weary body.  Jennifer, you should be so proud.  This was an amazing, amazing day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment