Wednesday, August 8, 2012

And so it begins

Erin and I have been friends for a long time.  We worked together when her dad called her on her birthday, teasing her about turning "a quarter of a century."  She was a bridesmaid in my wedding and I was one in hers.  We were pregnant with our second sons together, having them exactly a month apart.  I simply love her like the sister I always wished for.

Erin is very private, kind of secretive, and simply amazing.  I love her dearly and am praying for peace for her and her amazing children through this horrid journey through hell and back.  The quick version is that Erin has a rare form of breast cancer.  Her oncologist said it was the "you are too friggin' young for this" kind.  Typically it is seen in women in their 80's.  Erin will go in for lymph node surgery and will get her chemo port, both on August 15th.  I know few details, but will post as I get them.  Please keep praying for her. 

I will see if I can set up an account for donations tomorrow.  I know her medical bills will be an extra burden we can help her with.  I will post as soon as her fund is set up.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Kim. You are truly a special friend.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do anything for your daughter. Truly, anything. Praying for you both. I know that being a mom and watching your little one struggle is so hard. Thinking of you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, thank you so much for setting this sight up. I will be in touch with you often.
    xoxo
    Wenona

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome, Wenona. Erin speaks highly of you and I hope to meet you soon! Maybe at the celebration when she is declared cancer free??????
    Thanks,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete